top of page


  • Why should I choose Your Tax Service to prepare my taxes?
    Are you one of nearly half of all American taxpayers overpaying the IRS? Could you be repeating the same mistakes or overlooking deductions year after year? Your tax professionals thoroughly examine each customer's tax situation to get every deduction, credit, and tax advantage possible. We pledge quality tax preparation coupled with premier customer service at each location. And we guarantee accuracy or your money back.
  • What services and guarantees does Your Tax offer?
    Sometimes the best things in life are free! Free tax advice may prove invaluable, and it's available just by calling or stopping by Your Tax's office. Did you, or someone else, prepare your tax return last year? We'll check it free. Additionally, if the IRS audits any of our customers, our audit protection covers them.
  • Does Your Tax offer e-file?
    Yes, we do. TAX offers e-file and free direct deposit for refunds directly sent to the customer's bank account.
  • What are the operating hours of Your Tax offices?
    During tax season, most offices are open seven days a week. Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Saturday and 12 p.m. - 5 p.m. on Sunday. For your convenience, YourTax maintains year-round office hours to offer any tax advice you need long after tax season is over.
  • Each Customer Recives Free Identity Protection
    Credit Monitoring SecurelyID supports Experian, Transunion and Equifax credit data. SecurelyID can provide Experian Single Bureau (1B) Credit reports, scores and/or monitoring. This information is monitored on a daily basis. Full Service Restoration SecurelyID matches you with a certified identity theft restoration specialist if your personal information has been compromised to provide full-service restoration. Internet Surveillance Worried your personal information is being bought and sold online? With Internet Surveillance, surveillance technology is used to scan the internet and millions of other data points, providing alerts if any suspicious activity occurs. Sex Offender Alert Receive Sex Offender alerts and reports for your area to monitor registered sex offenders using registries from all 50 states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and Guam. $1 Million Insurance After enrollment in SecurelyID, should you fall victim to identity theft we will provide reimbursement up to $1 Million. Lost Wallet SecurelyID’s Lost Wallet Service protects you if your personally identifiable information has been comprised SSN Trace Social Security Number Trace allows us to detect both synthetic identity fraud and true name identity fraud by running a report of all names, aliases and addresses associated with your SSN. Payday Did you know identity theft criminals can acquire a quick cash or “payday” loan with a stolen Social Security number? SecurelyID’s Non-Credit Loan Services alert you if loans have been acquired using your SSN. Change of Address SecurelyID monitors your mail with the Change of Address Service. The database is updated on a weekly basis with data available for you to assure your mail has not been redirected through USPS.
  • What documents do I need if I have a mortgage?
    Your mortgage company should send you Form 1098 which reports the mortgage interest you paid.
  • What documents should I receive from my employer?
    The forms to prove employment may vary depending on individual situations. For most, an employer will provide a W-2 form. The self-employed (i.e. independent contractors, product sales representatives such as Mary Kay, etc.) should receive a 1099-MISC from the company.
  • What documents do I need if I am unemployed?
    If you received unemployment benefits from your state over the past year, you must claim that as income and, therefore, pay taxes on those benefits. The unemployment agency should provide you with a 1099-G form, which explains the amount of benefits you drew during the past year. The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) receives a copy as well and will tax you at the appropriate rate in your tax bracket. Not everyone owes. If you worked a portion of the past year, chances are you paid payroll taxes and may earn a refund if those deductions were overpaid.
  • What documents do I need if I am self-employed?
    You will need to file a Schedule C using IRS Form 1040. Depending on your type of business and where you conduct business, there may be other forms you will need. You may also need to make quarterly estimated payments by filing Form 1040-ES, Estimated Tax for Individuals.
  • What documents do I need if I am divorced?
    Taking necessary steps before tax time will make things easier once you file your taxes for the first time after a divorce. Change your W-4 through your employer so taxes will be withheld at the correct rates. Also, if you (or a family member) changed your name, file Form SS-5 with the Social Security Administration to ensure there aren’t any complications with the IRS.
  • When is the deadline to file my taxes?
    The standing deadline for personal taxes is April 15. However, sometimes that date falls on a weekend or after Emancipation Day (a holiday in DC) and pushes the deadline to as late as April 18.
  • When is the earliest that I can file my taxes?
    When you get your W-2, you can have your taxes prepared right away, but the IRS will not accept them before a pre-defined date.
  • Is there a penalty for filing my taxes after the deadline?
    Yes, you can opt to pay your tax liability through an installment plan. In addition to paying taxes through an installment payment plan, there may be other options such as the Offer in Compromise (OIC). Under an OIC agreement, the IRS may agree to settle the taxpayer’s liability for less than the full amount of taxes owed. The IRS is not likely to approve an OIC if there’s evidence that the taxpayer could pay the full amount through an installment payment plan or another method. A taxpayer can request consideration for an OIC by filling out Form 656, Offer in Compromise, or Form 656L, Offer in Compromise (Doubt as to Liability), and mail the application package to the IRS.
  • What paperwork should I bring to my tax interview?
    Below is a list of documents to bring with you to your tax interview. A copy of this list, along with what to expect during your interview, can be downloaded in the Resource Center. PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR EACH FAMILY MEMBER: Name Date of Birth Social Security Card /ITIN/ATIN Last Year’s Tax Return Valid Driver’s License INCOME AND TAX INFORMATION: W-2’s Interest (1099-INT or substitute) Dividend Slips (1099-DIV or substitute) Stock Sales (1099-B or Broker Statement) Self-Employment Income and Expenses Sale of a Personal Residence Rental Income and Expenses Sale of any Business Assets Gambling or Lottery Winnings (W-2G for some winnings) State Income Tax Refund (1099-G) Pension Income (1099-R) Estimated Taxes Paid Social Security or Railroad Retirement (SSA-1099 or RRB-1099) IRA or 401(k) Distribution (1099-R) Unemployment Compensation (1099-G) Miscellaneous Income (1099-MISC) DEDUCTIONS/ADJUSTMENTS: Medical Expenses Real Estate or Personal Property Taxes Mortgage Interest Charitable Contributions (cash and non-cash) Employee Business Expenses Gambling Losses Moving Expenses Traditional IRA Contributions Higher Education Expenses Educator Expenses Student Loan Interest TAX CREDITS: Child Care Provider/Address and Employer Identification Number (EIN) or Social Security Number (SSN) Adoption Expenses Retirement Savings Contributions Credit
  • Can I claim charitable donations without a receipt?
    Yes, you can as long as you keep good records in case you are ever audited by the IRS. Be sure to record the name of the organization, the date and location, as well as a detailed description of what you donated. Keep notes on the amount you claimed as a deduction and how you figured the fair market value on the items you donated. In the case of a monetary donation, as long as it’s less than $250, a canceled check or even a payroll deduction can suffice for proof of the donation.
  • Can I deduct expenses paid for repairing my home?
    Typically, general home repairs cannot be deducted from your taxes. Home repairs are meant to keep your home in good condition, but do not increase the value of your home. However, if you live in a “federally declared disaster area” and your home is affected, then you can claim the cost to repair the damages. If you use part of your home as a principal place of business, some repairs can be deducted, but you must itemize your deductions on Schedule A.
  • What are my next steps if I have been impacted by a natural disaster?
    The first step is to check the IRS Tax Relief Site to see if your area has been determined as a “disaster area” by the President because the IRS provides specific relief to these victims. (If you do not have access to the internet, call FEMA for disaster assistance at 1-800-621-3362). If you are in a disaster area and you were impacted by the disaster, meet with a tax preparer to determine which year you should claim casualty loss. Doing so will help you figure out the best possible tax break.
  • What tax consequences will I face if I lost my home in a foreclosure?
    For federal taxes, a foreclosure is viewed as the sale of property. Two separate matters will impact your tax liability: any gain from the sale of your property and credited income you receive from any debt forgiveness. There are ways to calculate your Gains and Cancellation of Debt. To learn the specifics on how your particular situation is impacted, visit the Home Foreclosure and Debt Cancellation section on the IRS website or contact a TNT Tax Service office for guidance.
  • How are my taxes impacted if I have filed bankruptcy?
    Depending on which Chapter you filed for, taxes may not be exempt. With Chapter 7 bankruptcy, federal taxes are exempt from discharge. When filing Chapter 13 bankruptcy, it is very important to file and pay your taxes during the bankruptcy proceedings because the court can dismiss your claim if you fail to meet this requirement. Dismissing the claim leaves you responsible for all of your debts. For further tax information on bankruptcy, read the IRS Publication 908 (10/2012), Bankruptcy Tax Guide.
  • Can my spouse and I file our tax return together if we are legally separated and not divorced?
    If your divorce is not final, you may choose to file married filing jointly. Just note, that you and your spouse are responsible for the tax bill and any future audits.
  • If I forgot to report a second income on my taxes, how can I report it now?"
    Since it is not a small change (missing form or math miscalculation), missed income probably requires that you file an amendment. You’ll need to file Form 1040X, Amended U.S. Individual Income Tax Return, on paper; no e-filing here. Additionally, if any changes you are making need forms or schedules attached, make sure you do so. Don’t panic, you have three years since the date of filing or two years from paying (whichever is later) to correct the issue. But note, if your amended return claims more refund money, go ahead and cash your original refund check – no need to wait the average 12 weeks it takes to process your amended return. However, if your amended return shows you owe, you’ll want to lower fees and interest by paying those taxes as fast as you can. You can then track the status of your amended tax return(s) with the IRS’s ‘Where’s My Amended Return’ tool. Check the IRS’s site about three weeks after you’ve mailed your amended return or call 866-464-2050. If you are uncertain about needing to amend a tax return, don’t hesitate to contact your local TNT Tax Service office.
  • Do I have to pay taxes on money that was gifted to me?
    No. The federal tax laws do not consider gifted money to be earned income therefore it is not taxable to you. No state has a tax law on gifted money either.
  • Am I taxed on money that I inherit from a loved one?
    Generally, property received as an inheritance is not included in your income. However, if property you receive this way later produces income such as interest, dividends, or rents, the income is taxable to you.
  • Do I need to report work-study income if I am a full-time student?
    Yes, any money which you received as a result of work is taxable income and must be reported on your tax return. Attach your W-2 showing your earnings and your taxes withheld to your tax return.
  • Why should I file my taxes electronically?
    The main reason for filing taxes electronically (e-filing) is to get your refund faster. Twenty-four hours after sending your tax return, the IRS will send you a confirmation of receipt or a rejection notice. Generally, e-filing is safer and faster than filing on paper.
  • How can I check the status of my refund?
    The 'Where’s My Refund' tool on the IRS website provides the most up-to-date information regarding the status of your refund. This tool is updated every 24 hours.
  • Why is my refund less than I expected?
    Many factors can contribute to why your refund is less than you expected. You have to consider the three elements that define a refund: your taxable income, the amount withheld from your paycheck for federal and state taxes, and your tax rate. If you aren’t getting as much money back try to look on the bright side – you didn’t give the IRS a zero-interest loan.
  • Milage Log
  • Tax Glossery
    amend – re-filing a tax return due to a change in filing status, error in reported income, or missed deductions or credits. audit – in-depth investigation conducted by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) where additional information needs to be obtained concerning an individual’s or business’s financial records or systems. bankruptcy – legal status of an individual or business that is unable to pay debts that are owed to creditors. debt forgiveness – relief from total debt owed. decedent – a person who has died. deduction (or tax deduction) – reduction in taxable income, based off of various criteria, that may lessen an individual’s tax liability. dependent – for income tax purposes, a person that relies on a taxpayer for more than half of their financial support and whom a taxpayer can claim on their taxes. e-file – safe, quick, and easy way to submit a tax return online. escrow – functions as an account to pay taxes and insurance. The homeowner pays into the account that is held by the lender. estimated taxes paid – taxes paid on amounts reported on the taxpayer’s tax return that are not subject to withholding, such as self-employment, interest, and alimony. Estimated tax may also have to be paid if the amount of income tax withheld from the taxpayer’s salary, pension, or other income is insufficient. Fair Market Value (FMV) – normal selling price of a home in the open market that is agreed upon by the buyer and seller. A realtor can prepare a comparative market analysis of similar properties that are currently on the market, or have sold recently in the area to determine a fair market value. foreclosure – process in which property is seized from a homeowner who is unable to make mortgage payments. Form 656 – form completed and submitted to the IRS by a taxpayer that wishes to apply for an offer in compromise. Form 1040NR – document that may need be filed and submitted to the IRS if the taxpayer is a nonresident alien engaged in trade or business in U.S., representing a deceased person who would have needed to file this form, or representing an estate or trust that had to file this form. Form 1040X – form that must be completed by a taxpayer and submitted to the IRS in order to make changes to a submitted tax return. Form 1098 – document received by a taxpayer from a lending bank that is reporting mortgage interest of $600 or more that the taxpayer paid during the year. Form 1099-B – document received by a taxpayer that is issued from a broker, mutual fund company or other financial institution that reports the sale of stocks, mutual funds, bonds, and other securities. Form 1099-DIV – document that contains important taxpayer information concerning dividends paid from stocks owned, or capital gains distributions from mutual funds invested in during the year. Form 1099-G – document sent to a taxpayer by federal, state, or local governments stating the amount of total taxableunemployment compensation for which the taxpayer is responsible. It may also be used to report state and local income tax refunds and other payments. Form 1099-INT – document received by a taxpayer that reports interest paid and is sent by the person or entity to which the interest was paid. Form 1099-MISC – document that must be filed and submitted to the IRS for each person to whom a taxpayer has paid at least $10 in royalties or broker payments in lieu of dividends or tax-exempt interest; at least $600 in rents, services (including parts and materials), prizes and awards, other income payments, medical and health care payments, and crop insurance proceeds. Form 1099-R – document outlining distributions of $10 or more from a taxpayer’s retirement account(s), such as Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs), insurance contracts, pensions, and 401(k) plans. Form HUD-1 Settlement Statement – the official statement of the U. S. Department of Housing and Urban Development that details all closing costs paid by the buyer and seller. This is completed by the settlement agent and both the buyer and seller must sign it at closing. Form SS-5 – form that is completed and submitted to the Social Security Administration to apply for a new or replacement Social Security card, or to change or correct information on the Social Security number record. Form SSA-1099 (or RRB-1099) – document that reports any Social Security benefits that a taxpayer has received during the year. improvements – home expenditures that prolong the life of your home, such as the cost of total roof replacement. married filing jointly (MFJ) – filing status that can be used by a couple who are married at the end of a tax year. This means the taxpayers report total income, exemptions, deductions, and credits of both spouses on one return. Married couples using this status must not be legally separated or have a final divorce decree or decree of separate maintenance. nontaxable income – income that is not taxed by the IRS, such as life insurance money and certain veteran’s benefits. offer in compromise – allows a taxpayer to settle a tax debt with the IRS for less than the full amount owed and is usually an option when a tax liability cannot be paid in full or creates financial hardship for the taxpayer. points – charges at closing by lender in increments of 1 per cent of the mortgage amount. They may also be listed as loan origination fees or loan discounts and may be deductible on a tax return. repairs – expenditures that maintain a home, such as painting the interior. Retirement Savings Contributions Credit – a non-refundable tax credit available to eligible individuals who contribute to an employer-sponsored retirement plan or to a traditional IRA. sale of business assets – items of a business are sold to determine a gain or loss. Schedule C – document used to report income or loss from a business that an individual operated or a profession that the individual practiced as a sole proprietor. self-employment income and expenses – money that is made and expenses that are incurred by an individual who works for himself or herself rather than earning wages from an employer. short-sale – alternative to foreclosure; sale of property on which there is debt and can no longer be afforded by property owner who settles to repay less than full amount owed on the property. substitute return – a tax return filed by the IRS on a taxpayer’s behalf if the taxpayer does not file a tax return on their own. taxable income – income that is subject to income tax or being taxed by the IRS, such as employee wages, jury duty fees, and rental property income. W-2 – document issued to an individual by an employer that states an individual’s income for the year. W-4 – form completed by an employee to be given to an employer to ensure that correct federal income tax is deducted from the employee’s compensation.
  • Tax Interview Checklist
    PREPARING FOR YOUR TAX INTERVIEW WHY TNT TAX TNT Tax is tax preparation at its best: simple, friendly, and with a money-back guarantee. With our network of over 35,000 tax preparers and almost 18 million tax returns prepared, you are sure to receive accurate and honest professional tax advice backed by the tax industry’s most solid and reputable company. You will have peace of mind in knowing that TNT Tax preparers are specially trained and experienced to handle all tax situations, including yours! WHAT TO EXPECT Before your tax interview, organize your important documents using the checklist below and research deductions and credits that may apply to you. Documentation will vary based on your situation. We know that taxes can be challenging and stressful. We strive to put the fun back into tax preparation. When you arrive at your local TNT Tax, not only will you be greeted by our Statue of TNT wavers, but our tax experts will treat you like the valuable customer that you are. Comfortable waiting areas and entertainment await you, and TNT Tax offices are kid-friendly and offer a variety of refreshments. Most offices are open year round in order to assist with your tax needs. No appointment is necessary to have your taxes completed with us. Don’t wait, beat the rush. Simply call 1-866-871-1040 or use the office locator on our website to locate your nearest TNT Tax office. WHAT TO BRING PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR EACH FAMILY MEMBER: · Name · Date of Birth · Social Security Card /ITIN/ATIN · Last Year’s Tax Return · Valid Driver’s License INCOME AND TAX INFORMATION: · W-2’s* · Interest (1099-INT or substitute)* · Dividend Slips (1099-DIV or substitute)* · Stock Sales (1099-B or Broker Statement)* · Self-Employment Income and Expenses* · Sale of a Personal Residence · Rental Income and Expenses · Sale of any Business Assets* · Gambling or Lottery Winnings (W-2G for some winnings) · State Income Tax Refund (1099-G) · Pension Income (1099-R)* · Estimated Taxes Paid* · Social Security or Railroad Retirement (SSA-1099 or RRB-1099)* · IRA or 401(k) Distribution (1099-R)* · Unemployment Compensation (1099-G)* · Miscellaneous Income (1099-MISC)* DEDUCTIONS/ADJUSTMENTS: · Medical Expenses · Real Estate or Personal Property Taxes · Mortgage Interest · Charitable Contributions (cash and non-cash) · Employee Business Expenses · Gambling Losses · Moving Expenses · Traditional IRA Contributions · Higher Education Expenses · Educator Expenses · Student Loan Interest TAX CREDITS: · Child Care Provider/Address and Employer Identification Number (EIN) or Social Security Number (SSN) · Adoption Expenses · Retirement Savings Contributions Credit* * see Mini Glossary underneath “Tax Help” section for definition or explanation WHAT’S NEXT Whether you may owe or are expecting a refund, your tax preparer will inform you of your next steps. Safeguard a copy of your tax return (your tax preparer will provide this to you), along with your other important paperwork, in case you need to file an amendment or reference it in the future. Other paperwork, such as documentation regarding the sale of your home or stock transactions, should also be kept. We are here for you – before, during, and after you have completed your taxes with us. We will stand behind and guide you through your audit case, assist in amendments to your return, and answer any and all questions about the Affordable Care Act. Be sure to take advantage of our Send-a-Friend program and earn cash for referring your family and friends to participating TNT Tax locations! Just think of it as our gift to you. Keep in mind that the sooner you file, the sooner you will receive your refund. For the status of your refund, check out the “Where’s My Refund” tool on the IRS website. This tool will give you the most upto-date refund information and is updated every 24 hours. You may access this tool 24 hours after the IRS accepts your e-filed return or 4 weeks after mailing a paper return.

2722 Al Lipscomb Way

Dallas, TX 75215


Tel: 214-421-3998


Monday - Friday 

8:30 am to 5:30 pm



9:00 am to 12:00 pm



by Appointment

Fill out this form

Success! Someone from TNT Tax Service will be calling you within 48 hours!

bottom of page